We solicit proposals for technical briefings to be presented at SANER 2017. Technical briefings should provide an introduction to the state-of-the-art in an area related to software engineering topics. Technical briefings related to emerging research areas are particularly welcome. The technical briefings will be scheduled on February 21st, 2016, in parallel with the workshops, and open to all registered SANER participants.
How to submit
Proposals must contain:
- Name and affiliation of the proposer/organizer
- Name and affiliation of each additional presenter
- Presenters’ experience in the area, including other tutorials, courses, etc.
- Title, objective, abstract
- Brief biography of each presenter (for later inclusion in publicity materials)
- Expected duration: the organizer can express his/her preference about the time required for the technical briefing. Options (including Q&A) are 60, 75, and 90 mins. The organizer can express one or more preferences (e.g., s/he can fit the briefing in 75 or 90 minutes). If the proposal will be accepted, the time allocated for the briefing will be communicated in the notification of acceptance.
Submissions must be formatted according to the SANER 2017 Formatting Instructions. Proposals must not exceed 2 pages (including all text, references, figures, and appendices). Please send your proposal via email to Gabriele Bavota and Andrian Marcus.
All submissions that meet the submission criteria and fit the scope of the conference will be reviewed by the Program Chairs. Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of timeliness of and expected interest in the topic, the proposer’s ability to present an interesting briefing, and the potential for attracting a sufficient number of participants.
Proposal submission deadline:
December 20, 2016 AoE
December 30, 2016