During the last couple of weeks we got some nice, fresh snow in the mountains (and in Klagenfurt). This means, the conditions for skiing are perfect! You might want to checkout the conditions in the ski resorts:
The best and most convenient way to travel to the skiing resorts is by car. You can rent a car at the Klagenfurt airport (take a taxi to reach the airport within 15 minutes). For instance, check SIXT. Alternatively, both resorts can also be reached by trains from Klagenfurt and offer everything a skier needs.
For those, who want to go skiing, please note:
- you can rent the equipment (skis, snowboard, sticks, and boots) on-site – typically, you can find a shop for renting the equipment in each ski resort (e.g., Skiverleih in Nassfeld)
- bring your winter clothes (temperatures in the mountains at the end of February typically range between +5 and -10 degrees Celsius)
- ski schools offer courses to learn skiing (please contact them asap to book a course)
- be careful – skiing is fun but do not hurt yourself!
- start planning your skiing trip asap
- organize your skiing adventure with other conference participants by filling in the doodle
For questions, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org